Thursday, May 3, 2007

Vote Early, Vote Often

This week, Cute Overload won in the "weird" category at the Webby Awards. I found out today they are also nominated in several categories for a Blogger's Choice Awards, including Best Animal Blogger and Best Blog Of All Time, so go vote for them! Or for the blogs you like. Go Fug Yourself is also nominated and they deserve some votes too.

I was going through the list for the Best Hobby Blog category and found Crafty Daisies. I found some neat stuff there including tutorials for an iPod cozy, a tote bag, and a felt penguin. I also like this idea: putting felt appliques on a t-shirt. So cute! (I think I need to add a "felt" label.)

Edited To Add: Online voting has opened up for the World's Ugliest Dog Contest held at the Sonoma-Marin (California) Fair every year. Last year I voted for Archie because his owner wrote that kids throw rocks at him. She didn't mention what she does to kids who do that but I hope she tracks them down and tells their parents. What a rotten thing to do to a little dog, or any dog. Anyway, Archie won in 2006. This time I have voted for Elwood because his owners are involved with rescue.

No comments: