Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bad Sue!

I love this quilt. It's called The Sun Sets on Sunbonnet Sue. The blocks show all the ways Sunbonnet Sue met her death. I like the block of her tied to the railroad tracks. [link via Ever Embellished]

That quilt reminded me of the Bad Sue Quilts website. Here's Sue as Lizzie Borden and poor Sue being eaten by a gator. Here she is stealing candy from a baby. I can't stop giggling at that one. Actually, they all crack me up. (The Sun Sets on Sunbonnet Sue quilt is here too.)

Kim Bunchuck, who is behind the Bad Sue site, also has Sunbonnet Sue, where you can find free patterns to make your own Sue block, including ones from some old Sue quilts.

If I was going to make a Bad Sue, I would show her not paying her taxes, or driving with a suspended license, or hanging out with Lindsay Lohan at a club.

No comments: