Sunday, July 29, 2007

All aboard the meme train

Jenny at The So Called Me posted this meme earlier. It was going to be my midnight post but it totally disapeared after Blogger told me it had been published. So, let's try it again. And thank you to Jenny for giving me something to do!

1. What charity are you blogging for, and why?
I'm blogging for Lone Star Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso Rescue. They rescue little dogs from kill shelters and puppy mills in Texas and find them new homes. LSSTLAR has saved hundreds of dogs over the years. They just took in 17 heartworm positive dogs who will all have to be treated so I know any money I raise for them will be put to good use.

2. What’s been the hardest part of the Blogathon for you, so far?
Remembering to make the questions in italics

3. Did you have a sponsorship goal? Have you met it?
I was hoping to hit 100 dollars and I did, thanks to my wonderful sponsors

4. What’s been fun for you, so far?
Reading other blogs, although I wish I had more time to do that

5. Have you met anyone new and cool?
Not really but I did see some really cool postcards over at Food & Movies

6. Assuming it were possible, would you choose, right now, to time-travel back to the beginning of the Blogathon, with an unflagging supply of energy, or to the end, exhausted but finished?
Oh, I wish it was over right now.

7. What have you been eating today?
potato salad for breakfast
lots of iced tea
ham, rice and pickles for dinner
a Drumstick (ice cream cone)

8. So… whatcha wearing?
Capri length jeans and white t-shirt

9. Quick! Three truths and a lie:
-- Every year I regret doing this at the start but I'm always proud of finishing it
-- I have a package of new underwear on my desk and might post a picture if I get stuck coming up with something to write about at 4am
-- I ate three Drumsticks, not one
-- Jenny is my new favorite person for posting this meme

10. What do you most want, right this second?
For this to post on my blog

I'm making a copy just in case...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

while I didn't read this while you were up, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it today. I'm the intake coordinator for Lone Star Shih Tzu and Lhasa Aspso Rescue in the Houston area. It is my job to find places to board these little guys when they first come in and then find them a foster home eventually. I really appreciate your efforts to help these little dogs and to educate people about our needs. I'm sure you are sleeping now, but please know your efforts were appreciated!

Patty said...

Thanks, Sherry! I'm really glad I was able to do something for your guys (despite all my complaining and whining near the end). I know Lone Star does so much for these little furballs and I was glad I could help in some way.