Monday, August 13, 2007

Van Halen Reunites

Wow! Sarah at kniting-and.com finished her yo-yo quilt. She made 1600 yo-yos for it using a Clover Quick Yo-Yo Maker. Color me impressed.

And, if you're keeping track of my yo-yo making, I have yet to do a single one.

Pat Cummings has put her Just For Fun Redwork Book of old patterns online. Designs include a pig, horse, dog, cat, owls, children, flowers, birds and a somewhat disturbing one (to me) of a little boy in short pants riding on the back of a rabbit, plus a bunch of others. Thanks for sharing them, Pat!

How's about making slippers from an old wool blanket? There's a tutorial here. [link via Craft Leftovers]

I know the title has nothing to do with what I've written but I have a hard time naming these things. Who had that blog where all her titles were song lyrics?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great titles! Do you like redwork? Sorry for the absense of my comments but as you can tell on my blog, kids are coming and going.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty:

Thanks for mentioning the Redwork book. As of this week ending September 21, 2007, we have finished posting THREE Redwork books. The most recent is Redwork Embroidery and Needlework Traditions in Europe and America. Best, Pat
http://www.quiltersmuse.com