Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Southern California Fires

Between watching local news, listening to the radio, and looking on the internet, I feel like I've been on fire watch for the past couple of days. We're about 20 miles south of one of the fires (the Santiago/Portola/Irvine fire) so we're not in any danger now but I'd be naive to think we're totally safe. There are some open spaces to the east and south of where I live that would easily burn if a fire started there.

I feel so bad for those who have lost their homes. I believe about 500,000 people (!!!) have been evacuated so far. They said on the news tonight that the winds have died down considerably so hopefully that will give the firefighters a chance to get some of these fires contained tomorrow.

Please keep Southern Calif in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: