Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's Up and Running

I know no one who comes here looking for free biscornu charts will care but it's a big deal for me: I am wearing my insulin pump. The trainer came to my house today and we went over how everything works. I had spent several hours last night watching the dvd and going through "pump school" on the Medtronic website so I felt pretty comfortable with all of the buttons and what they did even before she got here. She had me put insulin in the reservoir and then insert the cannula (the little teeny tiny you-don't-even-feel-it-going-in-plastic-needle thingy) into my tummy and here I am. And, here's a picture of my pump in action. And, no, normal people don't usually have tubing sticking out.

I don't know why I didn't do this 20 years ago. Seriously.


No comments: