Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cheering Myself Up

Last night, I was still feeling pretty upset over my knee. I decided that I needed to do something fun instead of go to bed so I started on this dog house. I stitched the front and the back, and tonight I'll probably finish the rest of it. And, I am making this for myself. I need some cheering up and this cute little dog house will make me happy. I may make a few other things from Les chroniques de Frimousse too. I'd love to do the gingerbread house but I don't have any brown Aida and I don't want to do it in white or off-white. This past week, I made the snowman biscornu (I still need to take a picture of it). It's one of four charts on this page.

I just now finally found the directions on putting the houses together. I had planned to do it like I would a biscornu -- stitch the "walls" and roof separately and then attach them all together -- and it looks like that's what you do. The Google translation of the instructions is here. There aren't any photos of making the house though.

No comments: