Friday, November 9, 2007

Some Freebies

Last night I was at Casa Mia and I saw these pretty floss bobbins (or thread winders) that she had made. Of course, I had no idea how to make something like that. Well, The Small Object has come to the rescue by posting instructions on just how to make your own floss bobbins. Yay! Now I want to make enough to take the place of every boring plastic one I have.

Casey Buonaugorio has a free chart for a frog biscornu on her site (it's right below the picture of her soon-to-be-released design, Irish Cream Sampler). I suggest you print out the chart now because it won't be there forever.

And, over at All Sorts, you can find a tutorial for making an Advent Calendar from felt and embroidery floss. I have got to make this one.

Speaking of felt and floss, I made another cat bag for a friend. My mom asked me to do it and I realized on Sunday that Monday would be my last chance to get it to our friend by Halloween, so I stayed up that night and put it together. I'm happy with my blanket stitch but I wish I had done a more decorative stitch around the nose and mouth. I think it needs whiskers too. It doesn't look very cat-like to me. The pattern and directions were in the October 2000 issue of Country Living.


Felt cat bag
Originally uploaded by PipStitch

No comments: