Saturday, April 26, 2008

Samplers And A Needlework SlideShow

Nancy has a collection of stamped samplers from Vogart on Flickr. I may have linked to this before but it's worth another mention. And, Floresita has an interview with Nancy over at Vintage Transfer Finds.


The reason I was at Vintage Transfer Finds was to find the pattern of the girl with the huge knife because I had just seen a finished version in an online slide show called Threads of Comfort: The Work of our Mothers' Hands from the Lacis Museum of Lace & Textiles. There are photos of embroidered towels, dresser scarves and aprons, crochet potholders, quilts and more examples of vintage needlework.


Look at the pantaloons! I don't even know what this pretty thing is but I'd scoop it up if I found it for sale somewhere. Does anyone know what this was used for? I wish I could go see this exhibit in person.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Hi Patty,
I have just discovered you on Woof Nanny's blog. Came over to introduce myself, and found myself on your side bar! (Patra's Aprons). Love your blog - I've added it to my favorites, and will be adding it to my side bar shortly.
cheers,
Gina in Oz.

Kellie said...

Is that yo-yo thing a belt of some sort? Of course I don't know anyone with a waist that small. Hmmm. Maybe it's not a belt. I *think* the other may be a placemat?? Just guessing! The vintage "Silver" transfer is soooo cute! I have several silver/china/glass transfers that I hope to get to someday!