Wednesday, August 20, 2008

EDITED Chicken Scratch And Then Some

I forgot something earlier plus I found something else to link to, so I'm going to add both now. I don't want to wait since both links have an expiration date.

Patterns Online is having a cross stitch design contest. Every month, they offer a free chart and this is your chance to design September's freebie. You have until August 29th to submit a design and you can enter as many times as you like. More details are here. (Sorry I didn't post this sooner.) I've ordered from Patterns Online in the past and one thing I really like is you can download the chart after you pay for it. No waiting for it to be shipped to you.

Not only is Jenna sharing free chicken scratch patterns all this week on her CorgiPants blog (#3 is a snowflake and #4 is a windmill with tulips) but there's an extra one for you on Whip Up.

Speaking of Whip Up, they are taking submissions for articles and tutorials for the next few month's monthly themes:


September: knitting (experiments with freestyle knitting, knitting
clubs, knitting in public, knitting ideas, patterns and stories


October: hand stitching: embroidery, cross stitch, quilting …
contemporary and traditional

November: recycled: refashioning, re-using, up-cycling - recycling,
paper/cloth/yarn/plastic - tutorials, ideas, stories



More info is here.

And, in more chicken scratch news, on Lace 'n' Ribbon Roses, you will find patterns from an old Coats & Clark leaflet [link via Needlework News]. Actually, there are more more chicken scratch patterns on Lace 'n' Ribbon Roses, plus a bunch of other stuff I need to go look at when I have some more time. (aprons!)

Edited to add: Mollie at Wild Olive is offering some super cute embroidery patterns of sewing notions, including a tomato pincushion. But they're only available until the end of August. After that, you can buy them from her Etsy store. And, when you get chance, go poke around Mollie's blog. I just had my first visit and love it already.

My Wooden Spoon is giving away an apron from Rick Rack Attack (the Apron Queen's store). The contest ends on August 25th so head on over to this post to enter. (I'm being distracted by the recipes at My Wooden Spoon. I have a feeling I am going to spend the weekend reading several new-to-me blogs.)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi,

Thanks for the info for the Patterns Online contest. I wouldn't have known had I not read your blog. Great blog BTW...I made mention of it on my blog. Please check out my blog if you get the chance!

Thanks & Happy Stitching!
Dawn in NC

Lori Lynn said...

Hi! I came here from Corgi Pants. This comment is not about chicken scratch. I just wanted to tell you that I am tickled pink to see the Feed Hungry Dogs/Bow Wow Trivia link on your site. The little girl who started it is from right here in my home town, Bend Oregon. An amazing little girl. I hope all of your visitors are clicking on the link!