Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Couple Of Ornament Finishes

I stupidly thought I could whip out one ornament a month for the Christmas Ornament Stitch-a-long but these are the first ones I've completed since March.

One of the April themes was churches, and for August, I went with pets (when I think of pets, I always think dog).

SAL ornaments


I stitched a different church on the back of the first ornament and you can also see the blue fabric I used to back the dog ornament. Not very Christmas-y but oh well.

SAL ornament


Both of the church charts are from an old French embroidery booklet that's posted here (it's in Sajou No 103) and the dog is from another booklet but I can't find the site it's on right now. If anyone wants it, (someone who obsesses over dog charts the way I do), let me know and I will track it down.

For those that care: I used DMC 930 (or was it 931?) and stitched them on 18ct Fiddler's.

Edited to Add: I found the chart for the dog. Go here and under monographs, look for Moderne Stickvorlang. Dessins de Broderies Modernes by H.K. Berlin (about halfway down the page). It's in the pdf for that booklet.

6 comments:

Jane said...

I must say, I do like that shade of blue

Loralynn said...

Those are very sweet, Patty!

Ginnie said...

Lovely little ornaments.

Jennifer said...

I love how they came out!

SmilingSally said...

Oh how precious!

Patty, you could have done this post yesterday and connected with my Blue Monday. So many others would have seen it. Think about next Monday and join in the fun.

Threeundertwo said...

I've been thinking of joining that Stitch-Along. I love looking at the ornaments there. Maybe in January.

Those are so sweet. I love the pottery dog behind them.