Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Spend Way Too Much Time In My Bathroom

I started highlighting my hair years ago. It's naturally a mousy boring brown so with some help from Clairol, I'd brush in blonde highlights every few months. I switched to L'Oreal somewhere along the way and now I use their Couleur Experte. It's kind of a pain because first you dye your hair with the all-over color (good for covering up the gray) and then you do the highlighting, and you have to rinse out your hair after each step, and dry it too. But I'm happy with how it turned out. I even took before and after shots. Because I'm a geek with a camera these days.





I finished my Obama cross stitch the over the weekend. Here's a picture of it right before I did the last few stitches. Yes, I was standing up in the bathroom, soaking my foot. And, yes, I almost did drop the cross stitch in to the water bin at least once. This had to be one of the most monotonous things I have ever stitched. I felt like I was doing stitches in red for hours and then blue ones for hours. Probably because that's just what I did. I wanted to get it finished before he left office so I kept at it until it was done. Now, I need to figure out what to do next with this sucker. Would it be wrong for me to turn it into a pincushion? I have an idea for some Shrinky Dink pins to go along with it. Yeah, little Joe Biden heads. (I'm kidding.)



I'm hoping to have it finished by Friday, whatever I end up doing with it.

7 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Your hair is beautiful, I did not see any grey in the before, but love the shine in the after. As for your cross stitch, they are some small stitches, is that 22 or linen, either way, it is just wonderful.

Gina E. said...

I really like your Obama cross stitch! I think you guys made the right decision to vote for him as President. He seems such a genuine and caring person. I don't think I'd make that into a pincushion. I'd feel like it was a voodoo doll when I stuck pins into it!

Unknown said...

I think you should make it a little door hanger pillow. I bet he'd like some jazzy beaded trim,too.

Anonymous said...

I think a voodoo doll would be appropriate. :|

Your hair looks cute.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

It looks great!! I love the Joe Biden shrinky dink idea. Too funny! I should stitch one of these and make a pin cushion out of it as a gift for my dad. He's a die-hard republican.

Threeundertwo said...

Your hair looks great! And I do love the pink bathroom with the coordinating pink foot-soaking bucket.

Now, 'scuse me, I need to put in a few hours on my Obama cross stitch.

THANK YOU!

Diane said...

Nice work... on the hair and the stitching!