Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Am Certifiable -- Now with an added link for all you pattern geeks

Last night, I stumbled upon a stitch-a-long sampler on a French blog with four parts, which were all released last year, that I thought was really pretty. There are two versions, one in reds and another in pale pinks and greens, and it's a true sampler with a variety of different stitches that I have absolutely no clue how to do. So, guess what I did? I printed out all four parts in both color versions. As if I was going to someday stitch up BOTH versions.

Between all the WIP's I have going and plans to make "things" for at least eight friends, I am totally insane to keep printing out more and more patterns.

How many trees have I personally been responsible for destroying this past month thanks to all the paper I am using?

And, before you suggest I save the charts and patterns on my computer, let me say I can never find pdf's after saving them and I already have a busload of embroidery patterns saved.

Off to go find a few more three ring binders to store all of this crap!

Edited to add: Look at what Arizona made with the terry cloth bathrobe she was going to toss out. What a great idea!

I'm sharing this link because I think it's a cool way to reuse something and because it reminded me that I've been keeping a few old towels because I have instructions from Martha Stewart on how to make a rug with them. Yes, IT'S YET ANOTHER PATTERN IN MY VAST COLLECTION!!!!!!!

Edited to add #2 -- I've added a link to the SAL.

13 comments:

Annie said...

Now my curiosity is up... Can you share the link to the French SAL?

Thanks.

barncat (Lisa) said...

Just like me . . . saving patterns for someday. There's no way I'd ever be able to make all the things I've either printed out or saved on my computer (but you never know, I might get really, really ambitious someday)!

Annie said...

Me again..thanks for the link and comment.

You are quite the enabler. Now I feel like I just have to stitch that sampler!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I am just like you, I print them up, put them in a section of my binder, such as patterns, tips, fabric, etc. I like paper, I know you can take a lap-top with you but I love to read in bed!!

Jane said...

Haha, I kept that pattern too, not sure when I'm likely to do it though

Loralynn said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have more patterns that a person could possibly do in 5 lifetimes!!! Oh, by the way, I need more patterns, could you share the link for the French site?? Hurry, I'm getting pattern withdrawl...

Coloradolady said...

Well, at least you stitch...I am saving patterns in the hopes to learn to stitch...I think I have the problem!

MeetMeIntheGarden said...

Thank you Patty for your kind comments on my embroidery.. I did add yellow to the bees; I think they look more like bees (which incidentally, I do NOT like.)..
God Bless
Carol

sheppy said...

Hi Patty,

Thanks for the recycled bathrobe link; I have been looking at my 10 year old, once white, bathrobe wondering if I could use it for something else.

As for printing out patterns, do you know aboutdelicious ? It is a bookmarking system that lets you easily categorize your bookmarks so that you can access them from anywhere and easily find projects. You can also explore other people's bookmarks to find things similar to those that you like.

Best
E

Busym1 said...

If I only had the money I have spent on copies at the library of patterns that I will definitley do someday......I could take the kids to Disney!

Unknown said...

You should make a folder called patterns and put all the pdfs in there.

Mary said...

Hi Patty! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading your posts. I think that will be a great project and colorful too.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Hey, thanks for linking to me! It was fun making the washcloths out of my robe. I made a few more this afternoon. They're a little smaller because I made them out of the sleeves that were left.

I like to print out patterns, too. When they're on my computer I don't seem to use them as much. And I like to flip through my patterns. Clicking through them just isn't as much fun!