Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An Update On Things I Have Not Finished

I saw this finish of this little rabbit cross stitch on the Freebie Gallery blog and fell in love with it. I tracked down the site that had the chart and started stitching it a few days ago. And that's when I fell out of love with it. Only because my aida is too light and you can barely see the white floss. So I'm giving up on it. I might try it again if I get some darker fabric.

You can find the little rabbit chart here. Click the Free Chart link at the top and then click Petit Lapin at the top of the list in the left sidebar. (English translation)

I'm still working on the Victorine Sampler (Google's English translation). On the original, the needleworker stitched her name and hometown, so I'm going to have to chart my name and city in old-fashioned letters. Thanks to the internet, I know I can find a vintage French embroidery alphabet to use. I just haven't been in the mood to do that so who knows if I will ever finish the sampler. Like Scarlett O'Hara, I'll think about it tomorrow. Or next week.

Thanks to Denise at Needlework News at Craft Gossip for linking to the x-stitch freebies on Olka's blog. Her blog is in Russian but there's a Google translation widget in the left sidebar. To see all of the free charts in English, go here. She has some cute animal designs (I like the giraffe too). I finished stitching up the hedgehog a few days ago. I liked it so much, I'm now doing another one in different colors.

That's all for now. I've been doing a lot of reading lately and not so much crafting but hopefully I'll get something finished soon.

1 comment:

Threeundertwo said...

That sampler is amazing. I wouldn't even try it. Too much counting.

I loved the animals on Olka's blog! Esp the hedgehog and the giraffe.