Friday, October 22, 2010

A Major Screw Up

Last night I finished the cross stitching on my 3D pumpkin and trimmed the material so I could sew it together and look what I did while I was cutting the fabric.



I think someone needs new glasses.

I don't see how I can salvage it. I planned to make the pumpkin just as you would a biscornu by running one strand of floss under the seam on one pointy side and under the seam on the other pointy side. I have no idea if that was going to work because there are no instructions on the blog where the chart is but I think that's what you're supposed to do. If you want to see the chart, go here.

Even though I didn't end up with a pumpkin, this is one Halloween project I'm done with for now. (I'll probably attempt another one sometime next year.)

4 comments:

Annie said...

You can salvage that! Just put a another piece of blank aida behind the piece and sew the backstitching through that. You can use a dab of white glue or fray check if you have it at the edge of the tear. Won't be noticeable at all!

Debra said...

I agree! I'd also spritz Fray Check on the edges.

Bea said...

Don't you hate it when that happens! Ugh! I think Annie has the right idea...I'd hate to see your lovely work go to waste...

Jenna Z said...

I concur, you can still create a pumpkin! No harm done, I would use a small bit of iron-on interfacing to secure a piece of aida to the missing area. That way the stitches will be secure and the patch won't pop out. :)