Writing that last post reminded me that I had picked up some Aunt Martha's patterns and a pack of kitchen towels at Jo-Ann's back in March. So far, I have only stitched one of the towels. And, here it is. It's funny to me that this has "Iron Day" on it and it's wrinkled and has a couple of creases in it. I'm actually using it (alert the media!) in my kitchen so I didn't bother to iron it.
My original plan was to do the letters in brown and red with couching. I was about halfway through when I realized I was doing them in black and red. (I really should write this stuff down.) . And, I was not consistent with my colors. Sometimes I used red as the surface thread and sometimes I used black. If I was making this for someone, I would have been more careful, but I wasn't so I just considered it good couching practice.
I'm thrilled that I not only finished the towel but that I'm using it too. It's Aunt Martha's 4015 Adorable Puppy pattern and the towels were from Aunt Martha too.
Speaking of embroidery, you can find a Days of the Week set of patterns with bees doing chores (I love the bee with a broom) over on Tipnut. I've seen a couple of these patterns before but not the whole set. Thanks, Tipnut, for sharing them!