Saturday, October 11, 2014

Six Page Views

So Blogger tells me I had six page views today.  Woo hoo!

I think the reason I'm thinking more about crafting these days is because Halloween is coming up.  I love cute-and-not-so-scary Halloween stuff.  Before I start any new projects, I think I will go through my UFOs and see if any spooky & cute ones are worth finishing. In the meantime, I would really like to stitch up this cute Happy Candy Corn embroidery [via Craft Gossip's Needlework blog].

Speaking of Halloween stuff to make, in September 2011, Feeling Stitchy had an embroidery stitch-a-long with a super cute pattern.  (Go look at the cuteness!)  I actually embroidered it back then but I just did it on a piece of fabric, which wasn't the smartest decision because then I didn't know what to do with it after it was finished.  I don't machine sew or make quilts or aprons or pillows or outfits for my kids.  I've decided to hand sew it on to a kitchen towel and maybe add some trim or rick rack, and just hang the towel up somewhere in the house for Halloween. Right now I am at "the dyeing the towel black" stage.  I dyed it once already and it was too light and looked more purplish than gray but I think I got the right shade today.  Once it's dry, I can start attaching of the embroidery design to the towel. Which will be fun since I don't really have a plan worked yet.  (Tip of the Day:  If you ever get Rit black dye on your bathroom counter and in your sink, Clorox Clean Up Cleaner + Bleach will take care of it and make everything look as good as new again.)  (Tip of the Day #2:  wear rubber gloves when dyeing and bleaching.)

Since I'm volunteering at my local animal shelter now, I have to share at least one dog that's up for adoption.  This is TRUDY.  I saw her with a volunteer on Friday in the play yard, having a blast.  She would run around on the grass and then she would jump up on to the bench and give the volunteer lots of kisses.  Trudy also kept trying to get the dog I had on my lap to play with her, even though a fence separated them.  She really is a happy and friendly little dog.  If you know anyone in the Orange County, California area who is looking for a small dog to adopt, please let them know about Trudy.


TRUDY
A1345389
Female, 4 yrs old
Wire-haired Fox Terrier mix
OC Animal. Care
561 The City Drive South
Orange CA

No comments: