Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Wednesday

Hey, did you guys know Sew, Mama, Sew was doing a month of hand sewing on their blog? Monday's post is from Margie of Resurrection Fern and she's doing a tutorial on a nature- inspired easy embroidery sampler. I love the pattern she is sharing and I'm eady to go stitch it up now. And, she mentions a new-to-me way of transferring designs to your fabric which I have to try out.

Be sure to check out the previous posts on Sew, Mama, Sew to see more photos and tutorials on embroidery, working with felt, hand piecing, chicken scratch and cross stitch. (All my favorites! Woo hoo!)

3 comments:

Treasuresofjoy said...

That does sound like a cool way to transfer! Thanks for sending me over to check that out!

Bea said...

I think I'll try that transfer method when I do the faces and hands on my teddy bears. Thanks for sharing this, Patty.

Threeundertwo said...

Wow, what an unusual way to transfer! She didn't even pin it first so it wouldn't slip. I might try these on some scraps to see if I can get the technique down - it's probably gentler on the fabric than tracing with a fine point mechanical pencil, like I do now.