I finished this pincushion about a month ago but put off blogging about it since I didn't have the pattern handy and couldn't link to it since I don't remember where it came from. (I still don't know what I did with the pattern but I will find track it down.)
I have two tote bags full of "works in progress" and when I found this pincushion, all that was left to be done was stuffing it. I had already done the blanket stitching all around and left an opening for filling it. (Stuffing? Filling? Now I'm thinking about Thanksgiving...) So I stuffed it and closed the opening but got into trouble when I tied a knot in the end of the thread and it was too far away from the seam to be hidden. Frustrating! I removed all the blanket stitching and took out the stuffing and started over except I whip stitched it this time. That's a stitch I suck at but since the floss matches the felt, you really can't tell. At that point, I just wanted to finish it.
I don't think the original pattern called for so many French knots. Maybe I was on a roll and just could not stop making them. I used regular craft felt for the flower and the leaves, but the brown pieces -- they look really dark in these pictures -- came from a wool jacket that I felted in my washer a couple of years. The corners are wonky and that pink looks really bright in the first picture but I'm happy with my little semi-wool pincushion.
One more thing: I just saw this Little Pup linked over at Tipnut (click that for more softie links) and was reminded I've always wanted to make one.