Beware: Bad Photos Ahead
I wanted to show you the felt turkey I finished last night (just in time for next year's Thanksgiving!) and the daylight is fading so I quickly snapped a few pictures of it after picking the poor thing up off the floor (it had fallen off my night table) and tossing it on the bed. I had no idea there was stuff stuck on it until I looked at the uploads. I've circled them so you wouldn't miss them. See where it says "Open" -- well, that's really a circle around the pen mark that I noticed as I was stitching the turkey together. I tried but couldn't remove it and hoped it would blend in with the orange felt.
Those other two circles are drawn around things that were not there when I put the turkey on my night table last night. I'm not sure what they are, which is why there are question marks next to them. I guess I could walk down the hall to where the turkey is still lying on my bed and inspect them. Or I could go vacuum my bedroom rug, especially around my night table. Or maybe I'll just show you my garland. It's still Autumn, right?
(Sorry it's so dark. The wrinkled sheet is a nice touch.) I can't find the link to the blog where I found the tutorial but I'll add it as soon it it turns up. I didn't follow the directions very well anyway. Basically, you cut a bunch of fall-colored felt into leaf shapes (I found one on Google) and then back stitch them as you're attaching them together, placing beads in between the leaves. But I'm not that talented so I did it my own way.
First, I cut out one set of leaves and back stitched each one. I didn't like how the backs of the leaves looked and that you could see them so I stitched a second set and then whip stitched them together in pairs. Then I attached three beads to the ends of the leaves and put them all together, and 17 months later, I had a garland. And it was still Autumn!
By the way, I checked the turkey and the two extra marks on it were just fuzz. Here it is again, fuzz, ink and all.
You can find the turkey pattern at Wee Folk Art. I stuffed mine instead of doing it as an appliqued block. I wish I had stuffed the feet as well since they're a little too flat.