Monday, May 28, 2007

Tagging Stitching Linking

Fiona's comments on the last post reminded me that I didn't tag anyone else. So, Fiona, Kelly, Suzan and Kim, you guys are tagged. Tell us 10 random things about yourself.

I also didn't like the blurry pig picture or the way the text was lined up so the pig was deleted.

Google News sends me links to articles and blog entries containing the keywords "cross stitch" so I've been reading some interesting stuff. Christmas Ornament Stitch-A-Long is a blog for stitchers to show off photos of their monthly ornament stitching. (I tend to remember I should make some Xmas ornaments around December 15th so color me impressed.) There are also links to tutorials for finishing your ornaments (on the left hand side). I was really happy to see one for making a felt frame ornament. I had seen something similar on a website and wasn't sure how to do it. Now I know. :) I have two finished freebies that I'd to turn into ornaments. Not for Xmas but just to hang up somewhere. By the way, anyone can join the SAL blog. You can find out how on the blog.

Hmm, I just realized that I had posted a link to a stitcher's finished version of the Tree Farm (a freebie I have on my to-do list) last week after seeing it on CyberStitchers, and I see it's also on the Christmas Ornament Stitch-A-Along blog. I guess Barbara the stitcher is a member of both. It's a small world afterall.

Please don't yell at me if you get that song stuck in your head for the next seven hours.

And, to add to that, I had been planning on linking to some freebies that I found indirectly through something another member of CyberStitchers had made. (She had made something from a free pattern so I tried to find the designer it came from and found something else instead.) Trail Creek Farm has some free charts of the four seasons and a couple of patriotic ones too. I ended up at their site after seeing this picture and tracking down the Puppy Love chart. (Lots of websites sell it but I'm linking to Stitching Bits and Bobs because I've bought stuff from them in the past. And, look, Puppy Love is on sale right now.) I like how the lady only stitched two of the dogs and added their names below. That made me go "awww" because I once had a Sammi and a Sophie dog. You know, I could borrow her idea and make some Xmas ornaments for my dog friends this year using the Puppy Love chart. I just might do that.

But, first, I am going to go make potato salad. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: