Sunday, July 8, 2007

Stay up late. Make a difference.

I got an email the other day about the Blogathon. The Blogathon is an online event where you blog for 24 hrs straight to raise money for your chosen charity. I always do it for a Shih Tzu rescue. This year it will be for Lone Star Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso Rescue down in Texas. I'm waiting to get an OK from them about doing this, only because they have their own blog now and might want to do the Blogathon themselves. As soon as I know I can blog for them, I'll add some links because I know you all want to sponsor me.

It will be held on July 28 this year. I was just going over the list of participating bloggers (there's 201 signed up so far) and see that a few already have nearly $500 in pledges. Wow! I see a couple of them are raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. It's funny because I have done the Blogathon three times in the past and I never once considered doing it for a diabetes charity. A dog rescue is always my first choice.

Some bloggers have a theme, like last year one woman made a skirt during the Blogathon and posted pictures of her progress. (Hmmm, I guess I could cross stitch for 24 hours, couldn't I?) (Or not.) I remember reading another blogger who posted recipes (that made me hungry). I just read my posts from last year's Blogathon and God, was that boring. So my goal this year is to be interesting and fun.

If you want to know more about the Blogathon, check out the FAQ.

No comments: