Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday The 13th

I was born on a Friday the 13th and sometimes when I tell people that, they say "Well, that explains it." Explains what? I don't get it.

Guess who won a knitting book from Protector of Vintage? I'm so excited! And, now, I have no excuse not to learn how to knit. Actually, someone taught me how when I was kid but I didn't keep up with it. I remember I had really cool blue needles and would always get them out when we played Little House on the Prairie.

Speaking of giveaways, Amy is having one at Early Bird Special and she's giving away lots of cool prizes, including a squirrel tea towel that she embroidered herself. You have until Wednesday, February 18th to enter.

LollyChops just did an entire week of embroidery and she shared some really cute patterns. We're talking hedgehogs, whales, birds, mushrooms, frogs, and my personal favorite, Hank the Tree Stump. Go check them out.

8 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations on your win. Look forward to the resutlts of the inspiration it gives you

Brook said...

hahah how funny I tell people I am left handed and they always are like " OH that explains it...." WHATEVA!

LollyChops said...

Congrats on your win! and thanks for the shout out! Valentine's HUGS!

SmilingSally said...

Congratulations on your win. Happy knitting. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I was born on a full moon and I sometimes get the same comment. I don't get it either. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea!

Congrats on winning your knitting book. Be careful...you may become addicted!!

Jenna Z said...

Ooh, another Friday the 13th-er! Congrats on winning that awesome prize! Looks like my blog contest luck rubbed off on you!

Anonymous said...

How does that movie sound go...chhhh chhhh chhh.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations on winning the give away, Patty! I was trying for that one myself, but I'm glad you won. Twyla