Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Latest WIPs

Remember the cross stitch from the French blog that I've been working on? This is it, so far:


After the row of numbers, there's room for a name and hometown.

And that stuffed little Dachshund? It still needs to be finished.


For the past few weeks, I was on jury duty and didn't get to work on anything. I thought I could take one of these projects with me but the court house has "airport style weapons screening" and things like scissors or knitting needles are not allowed inside. I was doing to ask one of the deputies if sewing needles were ok and then I forgot all about it. We spent a lot of time just waiting around and I would read or people watch or chat with some of the other jurors so I had something to do and didn't even think about what I could be stitching. Well, that's not totally true. I actually wished I had experience altering clothes after I saw a TON of lawyers wearing really ill-fitting suits.

I'm sorry. Did I say "airport style weapons screening"? Oh, that must explain why one of my fellow jurors walked in with a knife one day. Or maybe it was a box cutter. She had to stop off at some place before she headed to court to set up her daughter's science project, which had been entered in some kind of competition, so she had duct tape and something to cut it with in her purse when she walked through security at the court house entrance and didn't set off any alarms.

Jury duty. Good times.

(Actually, it was very interesting. More on this later.)

P.S. I'll post links to these patterns as soon as I track them down.

P.P.S. I posted a bunch of embroidery links yesterday (Yes! I blogged two days in a row! Alert the media!) so be sure to check them out if you like that kind of thing.

5 comments:

Holly Days Closet said...

I had jury duty a few weeks ago I wrote about it. I truly enjoyed my time. Hope you did to.
Holly

Loralynn said...

Glad you are back! Hope you had an interesting case for your jury duty.

Mary said...

Your stitching is coming along. I can't wait to see the finished dashund. I admire people who find jury duty interesting. I get so anxious once I get my notice to serve that my body starts to have physical reactions. This time when I got there, I only lasted about 3 hours before a migrane started. I'm glad I got it done and overwith for this cycle. Congrats on finishing your jury duty service.

jan said...

Hi Patty! Thank you for linking to the vintage transfers on my blog! I have enjoyed looking through your archives and exploring the links to other interesting things. (I was called for jury duty last month, but I was not selected. Lucky me!)

Miri said...

Your sampler is just lovely...very pretty letters!

Thanks for the embroidery links!