Monday, February 17, 2014

The TUSAL Update

Since I'm back to blogging, I decided I would join the Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long (or TUSAL) again.  The TUSAL is a fun way to show off your orts.  What are orts?  Here's an explanation I just stole from Sharon at It's Daffycat:

What is an ORT? ORT or ort ~ Capitalized, it stands for Old Ratty Threads. These are the cast-off thread ends a needleworker cuts away. These ends are often saved in clear jars as a decorative object. The word, "ort" does appear in the dictionary, meaning: a bit of something left over; usually concerning food. 
Sharon hosts the TUSAL and you can read all about it here (and also sign up in the comments) but pretty much all you have to do is collect your orts in a container and share a photo of the container whenever there's a new moon.  Since there is no new moon in February this year, there will be no TUSAL update this month but here's a picture of my orts jar from yesterday 2/16/14.  Since I didn't do the TUSAL in 2013, these are probably all my orts from last year.




The next new moon is March 1 and then on March 30 is another one so there will be two TUSAL updates next month.

No comments: