Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Someone Needs a Spellcheck

I used to have issues with Blogger when I had two blogs here and when I would post to both, the entry on one blog would appear immediately, but the one on the other blog would take a day to show up. I figured I had something set to delay "publishing" but I could never figure out what the problem was. It was frustrating and annoying so I ended up going back to Diaryland.

Well, so far, I haven't had any problems with Blogger except when I log in and see I have a comment that need moderating, as soon as I click to allow it to be posted, I then get an email saying there's a comment awaiting moderation. Isn't that backwards?

And, in other related computer news, I emailed Microsoft last night and told them my printer and camera were not compatible with Windows Vista and asked what Bill Gates was going to do about it. Then I googled the problem and found out that there are drivers that I can download to get the printer, the camera and even the scanner to work. So I'm a happy camper and Bill Gates is off my shit list for now.

And, I broke down and put in a sitemeter. I wasn't going to do that here. When I started blogging before, I was obsessed with checking my stats. Not so much with how many visitors I had, but what keywords they had searched on to get to my blog. Since it was called Tiny Hiney, I got countless hits from people searching on the word "hiney." And, I can't tell you how many of them worked at the Department of Defense or at a military base.

Tiny Hiney was a Chihuahua that I heard about, in case you were wondering where the name came from.

If you ever want to get more hits for your blogs, at some point, use the terms "Hillary Clinton" and "bathing suit" -- it doesn't even have to be in the same post (mine wasn't) -- and I promise your traffic will increase.

Some of the other searches were:

  • God, I need a boyfriend,
  • why is the Shih Tzu crying
  • what happened to the host of What Not to Wear
  • rate my Virginia
  • Johnny Depp wearing glasses made by
  • eating emery boards

(Yes, I kept track for awhile.)

2 comments:

ChristianZ said...

"I haven't had any problems with Blogger except when I log in and see I have a comment that need moderating, as soon as I click to allow it to be posted, I then get an email saying there's a comment awaiting moderation. Isn't that backwards?"

I think what's actually happening is that the first e-mail says there is a comment that needs moderating. After you accept the comment you get another e-mail saying that the comment has been accepted. Kind of overkill because when you accept the comment you shouldn't need to be told what you just did.

Patty said...

Hey Christian! Actually, I get an email for each comment that needs to be moderated. You left two the other night and someone else left one so when I signed into Blogger, I saw there were three. As soon as I accepted the first one, I got an email tellng me that comment needed to be moderated, even though I had just done that. It's not a big deal. Just kind of funny. (I guess now I'll have to approve this one too.)