Sunday, November 11, 2007

Free Heart Charts

My mom asked me to make a biscornu for her friend so I started on one this week and finished it last night. But when I sewed the top and bottom together, I could not get it to square up. Both pieces had the same amount of stitches yet when I put one on top of the other, it seemed like one had an extra row, even though every time I counted, I came up with the exact same number for every side. I'm convinced I'm a moron who cannot count. It was really frustrating because I couldn't figure out what the problem was. And, to make it worse, the bottom piece's threads started to unravel all the way to the backstitching and there was nothing I could do to fix it so I just gave up. I don't usually do that but life is short and I was not going to sit any longer, trying to get the pieces to fit together.

Maybe I will stop making biscornu (biscornus?) and move on to hearts. There are a bunch of free heart cross stitch charts here. [Link via Freebie Gallery where you can see a finished heart.)

No comments: