Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Busload of Freebies

This past weekend, I wondered if I should start a blog just for links to free x-stitch charts and embroidery patterns. It sounded like a great idea for like half a second. Then I realized I was insane. I still have links to post here that I stumbled upon back in March. Of 2005. And, if I'm always behind with posting them even though I spend 99% of my time online, how in the world will I ever manage another blog in addition to this one, plus read all the blogs I (try to) keep up with every day? So, forget that crazy idea for now.

I've joined another network, Stitchin Fingers. This one is for anyone interested in textiles. I heard about it thanks to Gina at Patra's Place. It was started by SharonB of In A Minute Ago and there are over 600 members already. I still have to add some photos and join some groups -- I'll probaby join the one for redwork.


The summer theme for Tie One On is gingham. I am bound and determined to make an apron (FINALLY) for this one. I'm thinking of adding some chicken scratch to it too.

On to the freebies . . .

Deepa recently sent me a link to Tiny Garden, which has a bunch of free patterns (click the downloads tab at the top). I'm not sure if some of the patterns (the ones with the girls) are embroidery or crewel or what (I'd love to hear what you guys think). I can't get Google to translate the site so I'm going to link to the photos. You can then click the Downloads button on each photo page to get the pattern and instructions. Edited to add: Thanks to Meggiecat and Angela, we now know that Babel Fish will translate the Downloads page to English.

a freaking adorable chicken coin purse with a zipper
floral alphabet
walnut pincushion
cute little purse
coasters with little bag
flowers in a pitcher
small case for needles and scissors
girl with pink flowers
girl in pink dress with giant flower
girl in blue with yellow flowers
girl with red flowers
girl with yellow hat
girl with blue and purple flowers

girl in pink with purple flowers
girl in green


You'll find lots of cute charts at Mausimom's Freebies (English translation). Deepa sent that one too. Thanks, Deepa

Little Clover Garden is a Japanese site with some simple cross stitch charts that would be cute for pincushions and needlebooks (English translation). If you go to this post on Aurelle's blog, you can see what someone made with the Happy Stitches chart. It's really cute.

I think Aurelle's chicken is cute too.

La Fee Rie is the new site of Faby Reilly who blogs at Le blog de Faby. She has some really nice free biscornu charts.

Have you been to Aury's blog, Acerca del bordado yet? You have to see her Quaker style animals. The latest is a kangaroo. And there's a giraffe and a snail, and several others -- you can click on the "freebies" label to see them all plus Aury's other free charts.

Aury is participating in the Old Sampler SAL. You can find the chart here (Google translation). I really like the part with the bunnies and deer under the tree. In addition to the SAL, there are more free charts at Ricamo Le Tue Idee, including the Italian Sampler that I had previously seen but forgot to save the link. The chart is here. Clicking the British flag at the bottom of the page will you give you the English version.

Looking for a free fox cross stitch chart? Check out all the free projects at AOK Corral Craft & Gift Bazaar.

That should keep you busy for awhile. :)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

This is one freebielicious post! I'm going to need to set aside a day to come back and get in on some of these goodies! :)

AND GOOOOO Patty!!! Make that apron! Scratch, scratch, scratch that chicken scratch! I can't wait to see what you do!!

Lil_Birdie said...

That chicken coind purse is just adorable :) You've outdone yourself with these awesome links :)
Thanks,
Birdie