Friday, January 15, 2010

I Got Nothing Except A TUSAL Report

I do believe I've used "I Got Nothing" as a title once before.

Remember that cheer that went "N-O-T-H-I-N-G, that's what [insert name of opposing team] means to me"? Well, I am chanting the N-O-T-H-I-N-G part right now. I had hoped to have something that I had finished this week to share today but I got nothing. My reindeer is all cross-stitched but I still need to turn him into something and I'm still working on that garland that I took apart and was re-doing.

If you'd like to see what others have finished this week, check out Finished for Friday over at Lit and Laundry. And, please join in next week (that's me talking to myself).

Oh, crap. I just realized two things: 1.) you really can't type and eat cheese puffs at the same time and 2.) Friday is the New Moon so time to share a picture of my TUSAL ort jar. Where's my camera...

...so I just took this photo now and it's night time but I turned off the flash so it's not that bad. I give you my brand new ort jar, started on January 5th, for the 2010 Totallty Useless Stitch-A-Long:

See that piece of dark yarn in there? I really should take that out since it came off a sweater I was wearing. All that ecru floss is from when I took my garland apart and also from blanket stitching felt circles for the new version. You can't see it here but there's also some pale pink floss in the jar from cross stitching the reindeer chart.

When I was posing my jar on the bed for its photo shoot, I noticed it has "Don't Forgetta the Mezzetta" in raised letters on the glass. Before I volunteered it to hold my orts, my jar was full of either peperoncini, cherry peppers, banana wax peppers, or that caulifower-carrot mixture from Mezzetta. (I eat them all.) (In fact, I wish I had a cherry pepper right now.)

If you would like to join the TUSAL over at Dragon My Needle, go to the sign-up page and leave some comments.

And, I am off to find that cherry pepper.

2 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I thought the new moon was the 16th. Thanks for reminding me though. I have a lot in my ort jar. Are you doing the Christmas ornament SAL?

Busym1 said...

Hi Patty! Thanx for visiting my blog....love reading your posts here! Hugs, michelle