Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scotties On The Brain

This post could be a drinking game. Take a swig every time I mention the word Scottie/Scotty.

The other night, I went through the pile of papers on my bedroom floor and found over 40 cross stitch, embroidery and sewing patterns that I had printed out over the past couple of months. These are the tutorials and projects that I don't bother to download because I am going to start making them the very second I turn off my computer.

I'll give you a minute to stop laughing.

Anyway, in the pile was a pattern for a patchwork dog pillow on Ohdeedoh, which reminded me that Kellie had linked to a similar pattern from Denyse Schmidt on Facebook not too long ago. (I think it was Kellie. My apologies if it was someone else.) I must make one of those Scotties. Never mind that I don't know how to use a sewing machine or make a patchwork anything.

That patchwork Scottie made me think of the cute Scottie dog pillow over at Bustle & Sew? I must make that too. Never mind that I don't know how to applique.

Next, I somehow ended up on Flickr and found some groups for Scotties: Patchwork Scotties, Vintage Scottie Dogs, and also one for Scotty Stuffies, which I believe I joined after I actually made the AllSorts Scotty dog. And then pigs flew, hell froze over and the world exploded.

Felt Scottie

By the way, Jenny at AllSorts is having a giveaway for one of her Scotties. You have until "sometime next week" to enter so go do it now.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Too funny. I recently discovered that a friend of mine collects Scottie things. Check my blog entry for June 2 to see the Scottie I made for her.

Thanks for the links.

Miri said...

Your Scotty is adorable!

Thanks for the links, especially the flickr group for vintage scotties-lots for me to drool over there. :)

Gina E. said...

LOL Patty, I'm still grinning over your post about all the things you save to do as soon as you turn off your computer...sounds just like me! I did a similar post on my Patra's Place blog yesterday, about all the lists of things to do, things I've done, and so on. Lists are NOT a good idea for people like us - ha ha!!