Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Belated Happy 4th of July


Ten emails in my spam folder and all from somebody who wants me to put his money in my bank account. I'm sorry but does anybody still fall for this scam? I hope not. It's been around for years. Oh and Microsoft is not tracking your email so please stop forwarding that one. Thanks.


Best line I've read on a blog this week: "I have also updated my myspace…who knew it wasn’t just for high schoolers and pervs?" (courtesy of Domestic Chicky).


Who knew, indeed? A girl I worked with 12 years ago just found me on MySpace and she is neither a high schooler or a perv. I am not a big fan of the MySpace but I couldn't leave comments on my friends' blogs if I wasn't a member so I was forced to join against my will.


I forgot to pop in here yesterday with wishes for a Happy 4th of July. I hope yours was safe and sane. Anybody remember that? Stands that sold "safe and sane" fireworks? My sister and I were trying to figure out what insane fireworks were like and why we couldn't buy them.


I made those cupcakes on Sunday because we had company. My mom added the little flags and did the table. I don't think you can tell but under the coconut is light blue frosting. They're from the Barefoot Contessa coconut cupcake & cream cheese frosting mix. We have a market in town that sells the mix but you can get it at Amazon, Crate & Barrel, Stonewall Kitchen and other online sellers. You can also make them from scratch (that recipe is only available for a limited time so go print it out now so you won't have to look it up later). Between the coconut, the hint of almond extract and the cream cheese frosting, these cupcakes are amazing. I just ate the last one for breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read "microsoft is not tracking your email." Domestic Chiky's line is great, also. I haven't made the plunge to MySpace, but who, might be fun.